RE: That possible city-county “TIRZ package” for construction of a new soccer stadium, jail and redevelopment of the Astrodome (with gondola rides, we hope!): In light of the city’s ongoing budget shortfall (or decline in revenue funds, if you prefer), and in light of the fact that, if we heard right, the incumbent mayor has said that 10 percent of the city’s tax base is already covered by tax increment reinvestment zones, and in light of the general lack of accountability of the TIRZ authorities, do you
- Favor pursuit of such a "deal."
- Oppose pursuit of such a "deal."
- Believe voters would rather hear about my plans to appoint a "chief education officer" for the city.
- Think it's best to wait until after the election to say much of anything about this one.
- Believe voters would rather hear about my plans to appoint a "director of education policy" for the city.